Department Name: Biology
Objective of Position
The Associate Scientist has an integral role in the planning and hands-on execution of critical experiments that support the Biology lab’s aims in translational science, clinical trial support, and pre-clinical drug development. This position requires the ability to independently design and execute experiments, critically evaluate experimental design and results, analyze and present complex data, and supervise Research Associates.
Essential Duties/ Responsibilities
- Designs, executes, and interprets studies for the validation of new targets and therapeutic agents in oncology and hematology.
- Conducts research, evaluates potential drug targets, develops and validates novel assays, profiles existing compounds/NCEs, and characterizes small molecule inhibitors in a variety of oncologic and immunologic settings.
- Participates in integrated translational science and drug discovery research by engaging with internal and external experts in different disciplines.
- Utilizes literature reviews, protocols, networking and prior laboratory experience to assist with experimental design, assay development, and workflow optimization.
- Plans and executes department goals with minimum guidance from direct manager.
- Maintains accurate and well-organized laboratory records, including worksheets, lab notebooks, inventories, and databases.
- Analyzes experimental data, organizes results, verifies data integrity, performs statistical analysis, and visualizes data using appropriate software.
- Writes research papers, abstracts, technical reports, and SOPs.
- Effectively presents and communicates research findings to internal and external collaborators, including upper management, regulatory agencies, and at research conferences.
- Performs all duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations.
- Maintains highest quality standards, adhering to safety and environmental precautions at all times.
- Identifies and troubleshoots technical issues; communicates issues to direct manager and senior personnel.
- Trains and supervises Research Associates, interns, contractors, students, and other laboratory personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong background in hematology, cancer biology, and small molecule drug discovery.
- Experience with cell-based assays to measure viability, proliferation, activation, differentiation, signaling, and apoptosis, and/or expert knowledge of cellular immunophenotyping methods including flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, and cytokine/chemokine analysis.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with data handling, analysis, and archiving.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a diverse team.
- Proven ability to perform research independently, with minimal guidance from direct manager.
- Excellent time management skills to meet deadlines, advance multiple projects, and achieve goals in a dynamic environment.
- Attention to detail and adherence to high quality standards when performing research and managing data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and statistical software (GraphPad Prism or equivalent).
- Doctorate degree in immunology, molecular biology or related discipline OR
- Master’s degree + 3 years of relevant laboratory experience OR
- Bachelor’s degree + 5 years of relevant laboratory experience
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. This document may be changed at management’s discretion.
Acerta Pharma is an equal opportunity employer. Acerta Pharma will consider all qualified applicants for employment, and all qualified contractors for Acerta Pharma contract positions, without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. Acerta Pharma only employs individuals, and engages contractors, with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is based.
Don’t see what you’re looking for?
We’re always looking for smart, talented & highly motivated people, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, if we find a position we think you’re a good candidate for we’ll get in touch with you.