Director, Head of Translational Medicine (TM)
Reports To (Position): Chief Scientific Officer
Location: South San Francisco
Department Name: Translational Medicine
HR Designations: Pay Status – Exempt
Job Code: 001500
Objective of Position
We are seeking a Director, Head of Translational Medicine (TM) to join a world class center for discovery and development of innovative cancer medicines at Acerta Pharma, an AstraZeneca Company. Based in South San Francisco, CA, you will have the opportunity to lead a translational medicine department reporting to the Chief Scientific Officer. The head of TM will manage a team of translational medicine strategists and biosample operations specialists to refine and deliver the translational strategies across a portfolio of medicines in various stages of development as well as programme expansion of approved medicines in hematology-oncology.
Essential Duties/ Responsibilities
- Serve as a core team member on Acerta’s research and early development leadership team.
- Role has responsibility to manage and partner with translational medicine leaders to help grow, define and execute on the translational and correlative strategy.
- Global working with translational science and clinical operations in Netherlands and Research and Biology in multiple US sites.
- Work with cross functional leadership to integrate translational support across oncology pipeline.
- Responsible for prioritizing and allocating resources for continued excellence and quality.
- Must have a demonstrated track record of contributing to the progression of medicines through clinical proof of concept in the field of hematology-oncology.
- An experienced leader who can make informed risk/benefit decisions with biomarker data.
- Experience with biomarker collections and logistics preferred.
- Demonstrate strong leadership, personal accountability, interpersonal skills, and mentoring skills.
- Experience in building partnerships and leveraging relationships with cross functional teams to drive execution of translational strategies.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence across multiple functions.
- Independently motivated, detail oriented, problem-solver and delivery focused in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Proven experience as an effective team player who promotes credibility and confidence within the oncology community.
- Be a culture setter and make Acerta and AstraZeneca a great place to work.
- PhD or MD with at least 10 years of years translational medicine experience or equivalent experience within the pharmaceutical industry with a focus in Hematology-Oncology.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be constructed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Acerta Pharma is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Don’t see what you’re looking for?
We’re always looking for smart, talented & highly motivated people, send your resume to email@example.com, if we find a position we think you’re a good candidate for we’ll get in touch with you.