Research Associate II
Department Name: Biology
Objective of Position
The Research Associate II supports the Biology lab’s research in translational science, contributes to the development of cell-based assays, performs hands-on laboratory experiments, and assists with routine laboratory maintenance.
Essential Duties/ Responsibilities
- Works independently under the guidance of, and in conjunction with, supervising Scientist to design experiments, develop novel assays, and accomplish the goals of the laboratory.
- Performs bench level laboratory work, which includes performing calculations, preparing reagents, operating analytical instruments, and maintaining accurate records in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations.
- Performs independent data analysis and effectively communicates results to the team, including preparation of graphs, charts, reports, or presentations.
- Maintains laboratory records, compiles data on experiments and assays.
- Utilizes literature reviews, protocols, networking and prior laboratory experience to assist with experimental design, assay development, and workflow optimization.
- Assists with verifying data, preparing figures, and writing research reports.
- Organizes and updates lab protocols, SOPs, manuals, MSDS, patient sample records, and other materials.
- Assists with general laboratory maintenance and housekeeping, including organization and purchasing of laboratory reagents, working with vendors, keeping track of deliveries, and maintaining laboratory stocks, cultures, or cell lines.
- Maintains contact with external or internal customers as required to furnish or obtain information or reports, to provide services, or resolve day-to-day problems.
- May train work-study students, contractors or other laboratory personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of cell biology, signal transduction and apoptotic pathways.
- Proficiency with cell culture, molecular biology techniques, and flow cytometry.
- Proven ability and knowledge necessary to conduct independent research and data analysis.
- Ability to perform laboratory mathematical calculations, including basic statistics.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Physical and technical ability to operate laboratory equipment and handle liquid nitrogen.
- Positive attitude and willingness to work diligently in a dynamic environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in biochemistry, molecular biology or related discipline.
- At least 2 years of relevant laboratory experience.
- Candidates with experience in isolating PBMCs from whole blood and performing multi-color flow cytometry are highly preferred.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. This document may be changed at management’s discretion.
Acerta Pharma is an equal opportunity employer. Acerta Pharma will consider all qualified applicants for employment, and all qualified contractors for Acerta Pharma contract positions, without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. Acerta Pharma only employs individuals, and engages contractors, with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is based.
Don’t see what you’re looking for?
We’re always looking for smart, talented & highly motivated people, send your resume to email@example.com, if we find a position we think you’re a good candidate for we’ll get in touch with you.