Research Associate/Senior Research Associate
Location: South San Francisco, CA
HR Designations: Pay Status – Exempt
Objective of Position
The Research Associate/Senior Research Associate supports the Biology lab’s research in translational science, contributes to the development of cell-based assays, performs hands-on laboratory experiments, and assists with routine laboratory maintenance. The primary responsibilities of this position are to develop and run assays to explore disease biology, evaluate drug resistance mechanisms and interrogate novel drug combination strategies. These efforts will ultimately lead to the generation of compelling preclinical data packages to progress promising drug discovery projects and combination strategies towards clinical development.
Essential Duties/ Responsibilities
- Works independently to design experiments, develop and perform cell-based (survival, apoptosis, etc) and mechanism of action assays (western blotting, qPCR, ELISA, etc) and communicate findings to local and global teams.
- Maintain clear records in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations.
- Performs independent data analysis and effectively communicates results to the team.
- Assists with preparing figures, writing research reports and updating lab protocols.
- Assists with general laboratory maintenance including laboratory stocks and cell lines.
- Working knowledge of cell biology, signal transduction and apoptotic pathways.
- Proficiency with cell culture, molecular biology techniques, experience with CRISPR and flow cytometry preferred.
- Proven ability to conduct independent research and data analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude and willingness to work diligently in a dynamic team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in biochemistry, molecular biology or related discipline.
- At least 2 years of relevant laboratory experience.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. This document may be changed at management’s discretion.
Acerta Pharma is an equal opportunity employer. Acerta Pharma will consider all qualified applicants for employment, and all qualified contractors for Acerta Pharma contract positions, without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. Acerta Pharma only employs individuals, and engages contractors, with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is based.
Don’t see what you’re looking for?
We’re always looking for smart, talented & highly motivated people, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, if we find a position we think you’re a good candidate for we’ll get in touch with you.