Reports To (Position): Accounting Manager
Location: South San Francisco
Department Name: Finance
HR Designations: Pay Status – Exempt
Objective of Position
The Senior Accountant role will be an integral part of the Finance team, primarily participating in the month-end close process, partnering with Business liaisons for the procure-to-pay process and providing a wide range of support to the Accounting Manager, the Associate Director of FP&A, and the Director of Accounting.
Essential Duties/ Responsibilities
The Senior Accountant role will provide direct support to the accounting manager as well as ‘Champion’ procurement processes for Acerta and Pearl entities including:
- Directly support the accounting manager in day-to-day responsibilities
- Prepare account analysis, general ledger journal entries and other month-end closing activities
- Prepare and maintain accrual schedules
- Assist with Intercompany activities and consolidation process
- Prepare monthly department allocation calculation
- Assist with local tax filings, tax audits and providing support for corporate tax filings
- Assist in preparing PBC and requested supporting documents for external audit.
- Assist in preparing annual financial statements by producing footnote disclosure calculations.
- Assist in preparation of Financial Planning & Analysis reports
- Support preparation of Fixed Asset Reconciliation
- Support ad-hoc requests
- Collaborate and liaison with AstraZeneca shared services team
- Minimum 2 years of relevant accounting experience
- Working knowledge of accounting procedures and internal controls
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required
- Experience working within an ERP system (SAP preferred)
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Superior organization skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent professional and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exhibits proactive attributes and motivated self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business-related field or equivalent
- Experience in the pharmaceutical / biotechnology industry a plus
- CPA/Public accounting experience a plus
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Acerta Pharma is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Don’t see what you’re looking for?
We’re always looking for smart, talented & highly motivated people, send your resume to email@example.com, if we find a position we think you’re a good candidate for we’ll get in touch with you.