Department Name: Biology
Objective of Position
The Senior Scientist plays an integral role in the development and hands-on execution of critical projects that support the Biology lab’s aims in translational science, clinical trial support, and pre-clinical drug development. This individual possesses in-depth knowledge of oncology cell signaling pathways, cellular immunology, and has extensive experience in both in vitro and in vivo biology. The Senior Scientist independently designs and executes experiments, critically evaluates experimental design and results, analyzes and presents complex data, and supervises Research Associates/lab staff.
Essential Duties/ Responsibilities
- Designs, executes, and interprets studies for the validation of new targets and therapeutic agents in oncology.
- Conducts research, evaluates potential drug targets, develops and validates novel assays, profiles existing compounds/NCEs, and characterizes small molecule inhibitors in a variety of oncologic settings.
- Participates in integrated translational science and drug discovery research by engaging with internal and external experts in different disciplines.
- Utilizes literature reviews, protocols, networking and prior laboratory experience to advance clinical and pre-clinical aims of the Biology laboratory.
- Maintains accurate and well-organized laboratory records, including worksheets, lab notebooks, inventories, and databases.
- Analyzes experimental data, organizes results, verifies data integrity, performs statistical analysis, and visualizes data using appropriate software.
- Writes research papers, abstracts, technical reports, regulatory documents and SOPs.
- Effectively presents and communicates research findings to internal and external collaborators, including upper management, regulatory agencies, and at research conferences.
- Performs all duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations.
- Maintains highest quality standards, adhering to safety and environmental precautions at all times.
- Demonstrates the ability to troubleshoot and prioritize experiments to meet program objectives.
- Contributes experimental, intellectual, and strategic input across multiple scientific programs, as part of a team.
- Trains and supervises Research Associates, interns, contractors, and other laboratory personnel.
- Strong background in, oncology, cell biology, immunology, and small molecule drug discovery.
- Experience interfacing with clinical teams and working with clinical trial samples including for e.g. peripheral blood and bone marrow.
- Demonstrated ability to critically evaluate and contribute to multiple scientific programs.
- Experience with cell-based assays to measure viability, proliferation, activation, differentiation, signaling, and apoptosis, and/or expert knowledge of cellular immunophenotyping methods and cytokine/chemokine analysis.
- Strong hands on experience with flow cytometry-based assay development, assay transfer, and troubleshooting
- Experience with in vivo biology including implantation and dosing of tumor models, ex-vivo analysis, and pharmacodynamic assays in various animal models (mouse, rat, dog, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work as an integral member of a team, and aptitude in training and supervising direct reports.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills to meet deadlines, advance multiple projects, and achieve goals in a dynamic environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail and adherence to high quality standards when performing research and managing data.
- Excellent track record of scientific achievement, as evidenced by a strong publication record.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, statistical software (GraphPad Prism or equivalent), and flow cytometry analysis software (FCS Express or equivalent).
- Doctorate degree in immunology, molecular biology or related discipline + at least 4 years of relevant post-doctoral/industry experience OR
- Master’s degree + 8 years of relevant laboratory experience OR
- Bachelor’s degree + 10 years of relevant laboratory experience
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. This document may be changed at management’s discretion.
Acerta Pharma is an equal opportunity employer. Acerta Pharma will consider all qualified applicants for employment, and all qualified contractors for Acerta Pharma contract positions, without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. Acerta Pharma only employs individuals, and engages contractors, with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is based.
Don’t see what you’re looking for?
We’re always looking for smart, talented & highly motivated people, send your resume to email@example.com, if we find a position we think you’re a good candidate for we’ll get in touch with you.