Senior Scientist/Associate Principal Scientist, Translational Medicine
Objective of Position
We are seeking a Senior Scientist/Associate Principal Scientist, Translational Medicine to join a world class center for discovery and development of innovative cancer medicines at Acerta Pharma, an AstraZeneca Company, based in South San Francisco, CA. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Head of the Translational Medicine Group and will be responsible to deliver the translational strategies across a portfolio of medicines in various stages of clinical development in hematology-oncology.
- Deriving biomarker strategies based on biology data (internal/external datasets) and implementing within project teams.
- Must be able to lead cross-functional biomarker teams to oversee the delivery of biomarker/diagnostic strategy and interpreting the data related to individual research/clinical development projects.
- Measure pharmacodynamic markers reliably and quantifiably to inform clinical decisions for selecting therapeutically relevant dose/schedules.
- Will be part of cross-functional clinical study management teams (SMT) to lead biomarker/translational strategy and collaborate with clinical operations teams to implement exploratory sample collection and analyses in clinical studies.
- Lead external academic collaborations on novel biomarker/combination focus.
- Should be able to own and contribute to the biomarker/diagnostic related sections in the clinical study protocols, CSRs, and biomarker analysis plans/reports etc.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams (global working teams) including biology, translational medicine, and clinical operations etc.
- Understanding novel mechanisms of resistance to targeted therapies.
- Work with cross functional leadership to integrate translational support across oncology pipeline.
- Publish work in high quality scientific journals and present at internal/external scientific meetings.
- Supervising/managing lab staff may be required.
Requirements and Qualifications
- PhD and/or MD with experience in oncology drug development.
- Deep knowledge in disease biology/translational science, with experience in pharmaceutical industry with a focus in Hematology-Oncology.
- Must have expertise in oncology, cancer cell signaling pathways, biomarker assay development, and translational biology research.
- The ideal candidate should be familiar with several technical methodologies and platforms used for analyzing high-content flow cytometry and genomic data sets (NGS and RNASeq etc).
- Proven experience as an effective scientist and a team player with great motivation.
- Should be able to fit into a fast-paced work environment with changing project priorities.
- Experience working with primary human clinical trial samples.
- Experience in building partnerships and leveraging relationships with cross functional teams.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be constructed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Acerta Pharma is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Don’t see what you’re looking for?
We’re always looking for smart, talented & highly motivated people, send your resume to email@example.com, if we find a position we think you’re a good candidate for we’ll get in touch with you.